Saturday 31 May 2014

Oh so grateful!




Today I am very grateful to be alive. It is that simple. I feel I am one of the lucky ones.

This week I received some sad and yet not so unexpected news that led me to attending a funeral on Thursday. It was one of the most beautiful funerals I have ever been to.  I never thought I would use the word 'beautiful' to describe a funeral service. I feel so very sad.  A kind and beautiful woman lost a ravaging battle to cancer. Too young. Too soon.

None of us have any idea when our time is truly up. All we have is this moment. I am guilty of worrying about the future and ruminating over the past. It's a waste of my time.

Today I am very grateful for all the simple moments I experience. It may sound like a cliche - it is not. It is my truth and that is all I will ever really have.

Death is no more than passing from one room into another. But there's a difference for me, you know. Because in that other room I shall be able to see - Helen Keller

I would like to thank Sunday for this challenge and all the other blogs I have discovered this past month. Thank you for your kind comments and support.

Now for something a little lighter......


7 comments:

  1. Hugs to you hun, so sorry for your loss but you are so right that we should be grateful for our life and for many of us it is a healthy one. Hope you remember all of the positives and enjoy thinking of them rather than the sad times. Really glad to have found your blog and hope to keep popping by. Love ure piccie ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for your loss. Cancer is such an evil beast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a great thing to be alive!! sorry to hear that you had to attend that funeral this past week! Sad!! HUGS!!
    Glad to have found your blog this month and looking forward to popping in often!
    Sammi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for your loss [hugs]. You are so right, we never really know when it's our time and so really being alive in itself is something to be grateful for.

    You ended the post on a high with that picture, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry for your loss, too.
    Such sweet words you said.
    It has been great blogging along side you!

    ReplyDelete