Thursday 8 May 2014

Gone Girl - a book I haven't read but would like to





I think I originally heard about Gone Girl (best selling thriller by Gillian Flynn) on that book club show on the ABC hosted by Jennifer Byrne back in 2012. (I like that show) I think I was quite interested in the concept of the book and then life got in the way. And I'm not sure if I even made time to read any fiction in that year of my life. 

Fast forward to 2014 and I now have two reasons to read Gone Girl:
  • The book has been made into a movie starring Ben Afflect and directed by David Fincher. As it's due for release in October I really want to read the book before I see the movie. 
  • A good friend of mine recently read the book and is looking for someone else who has read the book so she can have a juicy discussion about it.

With these motivations I went to my local library about two months ago and reserved a copy of Gone Girl. A large print copy so I would not have to wait too long for it to be returned from loan. And you know what?  That copy was placed on reserve for me but I didn't know because the library notified my old email address!  When I belatedly made this discovery I went to the library to collect that reserved copy but ..... it was Gone Girl!!

(Sorry for the really bad joke - I just couldn't help myself.)

Reading is a basic tool in the living of a good life - Joseph Addison

7 comments:

  1. for what it's worth, I gave you a mental bah-dump-bump before you apologized for the bad joke! This is the 3rd time in a week that I have heard about this book. I'm not usually in for a thriller, but I may just have to reserve it at my library. I like the idea of reserving the large print for a shorter wait time - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading this book on My nook right now....strange story. But very captivating

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a copy today so I'll be joining you in the reading of it

      Delete
  3. I'll let you know when I've finished it

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me laugh - glad you finally got a copy : )
    Elisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me laugh too. Now I just need to find the time to read it!!

      Delete