Friday 20 June 2014

What's on your (creative) bucket list?




A few weeks back I was listening to the radio in my car while waiting for someone. I know - so old school of me! Anyway I caught a great interview with Gale Edwards. She has just directed the Ibsen play 'Ghosts' for the MTC. She said she has been wanting to direct this play for thirty years - that it's been on her 'bucket list'. And as it's a 'classic' it requires everyone to step up.

I really enjoyed listening to someone with quite an established and diverse career discuss future desires, ambitions and what one could say 'unfinished business'.

This got me thinking about the concept of the creative bucket list.

Do you have one? What do you want to accomplish creatively before you 'kick the bucket'?

Are there projects you dream about?

What stories do you want to tell/play/direct/shoot/write?

What 'crafts' have you yet put your hand to?

I must confess my list does not automatically spring to my mind. It is something I will need to reflect on - quite a bit I think!

So tell me - what is on your creative bucket list?

We give advice by the bucket, but take it by the grain - Tom Stoppard




No comments:

Post a Comment