Monday 30 June 2014

#100happydays


#100happydays Day 78

For the past ninety days I have been participating in a photo challenge called 100 Happy Days run by - you guessed it - the 100 Happy Days Foundation. (You can check out the website here.)

The challenge they are putting to us all is "can you be happy for 100 days in a row?"

I have been sharing my photos on Instagram   Each day I take a shot of something I like or I feel grateful for. While I have missed a handful of days I can genuinely say I have really enjoyed this challenge. I like the practice of taking a simple moment and acknowledging happiness in my everyday life.  I look forward to reflecting back on this collection of photos and discovering an optimism I may not have been 100% conscious of at the time.

#100happydays Day 73

Can I say I have been happy for 100 days in a row? No I can't. The past three months have thrown me a number of significant difficulties way beyond my control.

Can I say I have received 'more compliments from other people' or 'fallen in love'?  (as the foundation claims can happen). No!

Can I say I have experienced some kind of happiness  - no matter how fleeting - each day of the past 100? Yes I can.

So why don't you check out this challenge - it takes about a minute day! If you are already taking part in #100happydays I would love to hear about your experience.

Be happy with what you have and are, be generous with both, and you won't have to hunt for happiness - William E. Gladstone


#100happydays Day 72

No comments:

Post a Comment