Wednesday 21 May 2014

What's on your plate?




I have a lot on my plate right now. A lot!

Yes there are the daily responsibilities - raising my child, work, running a home. That's the yummy bit.

What's making my plate so heavy right now?  Major emotional and relationship matters.

I have always struggled with really looking after myself. I have done (and am still doing) a lot of work in this area. There are some aspects that I have no problems with. Others - particularly my physical wellbeing - I find a constant battle.

Then there is the stuff that I have no control over - other people and external circumstances.

And owning that I do have control over how I respond to these external realities - that's challenging too.

I allow fear, anger and denial to stop me from clearing my plate. What's stopping you?

My advice to you is not to inquire why or whither, but just enjoy your ice cream while it's on your plate - Thornton Wilder


5 comments:

  1. You have a lot on your plate! I hope this eases up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope things get better soon! You can only take one day at a time and live for the moment. Try not to worry and just be you. Take care of yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore that quote. Brilliant advice. I agree that taking control of my responses, reactions and attitude may be the death of me. Knowing is so different than doing - at least for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quote. The heavy emotional and relationship stuff--wow, that is a plateful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you do have a lot on your plate!! but yes... you should enjoy the icecream ;)

    ReplyDelete