Tuesday 5 August 2014

Friends with benefits




Today I was lucky enough to spend some time with a gorgeous friend of mine (she wrote a guest post here).

We always choose to catch up somewhere with a great atmosphere and delicious food. Today we met here.  The love of the sensory is one of our shared loves.

Conversation and laughter flows.

Ideas shared and explored.

Minds and hearts meet in authentic and present connection.

I always leave our get-togethers feeling supported, inspired and revitalised. I wonder why I don't consistently make more time for this type of exchange in my life. In fact I often respond like this after meeting a friend. I am very lucky to have a number of great grown up friendships. Relationships where both support and challenge can sit quite comfortably together.  Relationships where we are predominately laughing at ourselves. Relationships where a shared desire for authentic connection and kindness override difference.

I believe the intimacy of friendship is so nourishing and nurturing....... and often undervalued and overlooked on a daily basis. I feel very fortunate to have the benefits of this type of friendship.

What does friendship mean to you? What 'benefits' do you enjoy?

P.S. I love these lyrics to Justine Clarke's song Friends

One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood - Lucius Annaeus Seneca




No comments:

Post a Comment