Friday 1 May 2015

Kicking goals in May


The sun is kicking goals today! 

'I'm kicking goals!'

I really love this expression.  It's a colloquial Australian way of saying you are achieving something positive and you are happy to celebrate this fact.  The 'goals' can refer to anything.

I have a vague recollection from my Oprah  viewing days of one of her experts saying it's not the 'goal' itself we desire but the feeling the achievement of that goal brings us. This 'expert' was suggesting it's more important to focus on what we want to feel as that feeling can then be attained in many different ways - ways that may not necessarily follow the standard societal expectations of success.

I generally avoid a formalised practice of goal setting. I usually feel quite uncomfortable when asked to commit to my goals in writing.

However I just love the positive and light feeling I get when I say (or hear someone say) 'I'm kicking goals'.

That's what I want for this month.

And I hope to achieve that feeling by blogging everyday this May. Will you join me?

Are you a goal setter? Tell me about your process. Are you going to Blog everyday in May ?

Stop setting goals. Goals are pure fantasy unless you have a specific plan to achieve them - Stephen Covey

No comments:

Post a Comment